Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sketches on the train, tube and bus in London (March I)



Here I will be showing some of the sketches in one of my sketchbooks. I sketch almost everyday on public transport. This has been my practice for many years now and I just keep this habit going as it is the way I see the world!



Hope you enjoy these sketches and I hope you can feel the way I felt for each face. I just love faces!!!



Nothing is so enjoyable, so interesting and so engaging as when I sit down to thoroughly sketch the faces I see on public transport!





















SPECIAL QUOTE- "Many people have asked me what do I do when someone sees that I am sketching them, I say to them, I simply wink, once I wink, it keeps them calm, I have tried it and it works!"-Adebanji Alade

6 comments:

Tom Fox said...

Great sketches, very inspiring! It's really evident in your sketches that this is your passion and you love the act of creating them. Keep on uploading and sharing, thanks!

adebanji said...

Thanks Tom!!

Mollusk-Pomm said...

I need to try your tip some time. Such passionate, lovely sketches! Your mark making really gives me the feel of the individual's face.

adebanji said...

Thanks Mollusk!

Kate Merriman said...

I love these! I've been trying my own sketches of people on the train to work (San Francisco). What kind of sketchbook do you use?

adebanji said...

Thanks Kate,
I'm using a Daler Rowney sketchbook. 150gms of cartridge Paper. The size is 6" x 4".